Friday, May 31, 2013

Where to get the most bang for your buck with Oregon universities and colleges

The Portland Business Journal recently reported on the "ROI" (return on investment) for Oregon universities and colleges based on a study by PayScale.

The PBJ decided to present the data in the least user friendly way possible, so I took the information and made a little graph.

Using Portland State University as an example, I think the way you interpret PayScale's findings are that, using a 30 year time horizon, the average PSU student is $513,900 better off going to PSU than not going to college at all.

I can't say I really agree 100 percent with PayScale's methodology. At the same time, I have to admire the fact that they went through all the effort and no one has paid me to do a better job. So, without further ado, here are the rankings ...

No comments:

Post a Comment